P2 laboratory construction refers to a classification of biological laboratory safety levels. Among the various types of laboratories today, P2 laboratories are the most widely used biosafety level laboratories. Its grades are P1, P2, P3, and P4. Choose the appropriate grade according to the nature of the laboratory.
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies infectious microorganisms into 4 categories according to their pathogenicity and the risk of infection; according to the equipment and technical conditions, the biological laboratory is also divided into 4 levels (generally called P1, P2, P3 , P4 laboratory), level 1 is the lowest, level 4 is the highest.
P1 laboratories are generally suitable for microorganisms that have no pathogenic effect on healthy adults;
P2 is applicable to microorganisms with moderate potential harm to humans and the environment;
P3 is applicable to pathogenic microorganisms or their toxins that can cause serious or even lethal diseases to be transmitted to humans mainly through the respiratory route;
P4 is applicable to pathogenic microorganisms or their toxins that are highly dangerous to the human body, are transmitted through the aerosol route or the transmission route is unknown, and no effective vaccine or treatment is currently available.
P2 laboratory requirements:
1. Cleanliness: 10,000-100,000
2. Pressure difference between adjacent rooms in outdoor direction: no requirement
3. Temperature ℃: 18 ~ 27
4. Relative humidity%: 30 ~ 70
5. Noise dB (A): ≤60
6. Minimum Illumination: 300
Friendly reminder: Appeal index is the minimum requirement for establishing a P2 laboratory, and it needs to be reasonably adjusted according to the actual situation of the laboratory, such as cleanliness and pressure difference.
Basic requirements for P2 laboratory design:
1. Meet the requirements of BSL-1 laboratory construction.
2. The entrance of the laboratory should be locked and can be closed automatically. The laboratory door should have a window.
3. There should be enough storage space for items to facilitate use. There should also be storage space in the laboratory work area for long-term use.
4. Special work clothes should be used in the laboratory; latex gloves should be worn.
5. There should be conditions for storing personal clothing in the working area of the laboratory.
6. All the buildings in the laboratory shall be equipped with high-pressure steam extinguishers, which shall be inspected and verified on schedule to ensure compliance with the requirements.
7. A biological safety cabinet should be provided in the laboratory.
8. Eyewash facilities should be provided, and emergency spray devices should be provided if necessary.
9. Mechanical ventilation should be considered first. If natural ventilation is used for windows, insect screens should be provided.
10. Have reliable power supply and emergency lighting. When necessary, important equipment such as incubators, biological safety cabinets, refrigerators, etc. should be powered by equipment.
11. The exit of the laboratory should have a sign that can be clearly identified in the dark.
Guangdong Renfeng Industrial Co., Ltd. is currently one of the few domestic laboratory solution providers. The company has a professional laboratory design team, a nationwide construction team, and highly competitive laboratory furniture products. The company specializes in laboratory planning and design , laboratory furniture production and installation engineering, laboratory ventilation and purification engineering, laboratory professional equipment consumables sales, laboratory information management system construction and other services.
Address: Room 215, No. A01, Guangdong South China Testing Park, No. 78, Luntou Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou